StoryBilder Ltd. (“StoryBilder”, “we”, “us”, “our” and terms of similar meaning) take your privacy rights very seriously. We are committed to transparently describing our privacy practices, including how we collect, use and disclose (a) your personal or personally identifiable information (“Information”); and (b) data we obtain from your activity on the Services (as defined below) (“Data”) as part of providing the StoryBilder website (www.storybilder.com) (the “Site”) and the StoryBilder application (the “Application”) (collectively, the “Services”).
All capitalized terms that are not otherwise defined herein obtain their meaning from the Terms.
- What Information Do We Collect?
- General. Our primary purpose in collecting Information and Data from you voluntarily is to provide you with a secure, efficient and customized experience when using the Services. We will only ask for and collect Information and Data that we consider necessary to ensure a positive experience.
- Information and Data.
- When signing up for a User Account, Users of the Services must provide the Information as requested or where indicated. Where possible, on these forms we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. Our primary purpose in collecting Data from you voluntarily is to provide a secure experience. When using the Services, we may collect, without limitation, Information and Data including: your first and last name, email, address, phone number, age, other information inputted by you and Data generated from your use of the Services.
- As you use the Services, you can, or may be required, from time to time enter or send to us Information, which may include, without limitation, Information that you share on your account as a User.
- Information and Data Collected Automatically.
- How Do We Use Your Information and Data?
We may use your Information to determine your eligibility to sign up for a User Account on the Service. We may also use your Information and Data to provide to you the license for the Services; to provide you with the Services; communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes; to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; to advise of pricing and Service updates; facilitate transactions and payments (if and as applicable); resolve service disputes; troubleshoot problems; to analyze usage of our Services; to improve our content and product offerings; deliver information to you that, in some cases, is relevant to your interests; customize your experience, the content, layout and services; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our Terms; provide you with system or administrative messages; and/or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. These uses improve the Services and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a secure, efficient and customized experience while using the Services.
- Our Disclosure of Your Information and Data
- Anonymized Aggregated Data. We may aggregate and anonymize your Data and use and disclose it for a variety of purposes, including analytics, to improve our algorithms, measure service usage, publish summaries and develop new features. We will not display or otherwise disclose information where a User can be identified.
- Subsidiaries, Affiliates & Service Providers. We may use the services of subsidiaries, affiliates and third party service providers (collectively, “Third Parties”) in connection with our provision of the Services, including, without limitation, for the processing of payments, off-premise data hosting, communication services, account hosting, and Information collecting and analysis services. We may disclose your Information and Data to the Third Parties in the course of our use of their services. We take care to use Third Parties that we believe are reputable and capable of performing the services we require of them, including, without limitation, the handling of confidential information and Information and Data and the compliance with all applicable laws.
- Sale of Business. We may disclose Information and Data to the acquiror or its agents in the course of the sale of our business. If we do this, the disclosure will be subject to confidentiality arrangements customary in such transactions.
- Storing and Processing Your Information and Data. In some cases, Information and Data that we collect may be stored or processed outside of the jurisdiction it is received. When that occurs, we continue to protect the Information and Data with appropriate safeguards and data export requirements, but it may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries and governmental authorities in those countries.
- Communication Preferences
You can always unsubscribe from our commercial and promotional emails, but we may still send you communications relating to your status as a User and your use of the Services in accordance with applicable anti-spam legislation.
- Information and Data Retention
- General Retention Policy. We will periodically de-identify (a) Information from collected Data in unused User Accounts; and (b) unnecessary Information from Data collected elsewhere on and/or through the Services.
- If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you order a subscription through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
- Your Information and Data Rights
In accordance with the applicable privacy laws, you may have the following rights with respect to your Information and Dat
- Right of Access and Portability. You may ask for an overview or copy of your Information and/or Data to be provided to you; and/or transferred to another organization.
- Right to Rectification. You may review your Information and delete and/or update it through your User Account or by contacting us, to ensure it is accurate and complete on the Services.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise any of the above rights.
- Children’s Privacy
The Site and the Application may be accessed by children over the age of thirteen (13). We encourage parents or legal guardians to monitor and review their child’s use of the Site and the Application.
We strive to protect your Information and Data by putting in place a range of technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the Information and Data we receive from you, including without limitation, security technologies. We are continuously utilizing security measures to protect your Information and Data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information and Data. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or application failure and other factors, may compromise the security of your Information and Data at any time. We reserve the right, without any limitation, to investigate any suspected breaches of the Services’ security or information technology or other systems or networks.
It is our goal to make our privacy practices easy to understand. If you have questions, concerns or if you would like more detailed information, please email our data controller at email@example.com.