Work With Us
Please note: We experienced some technical issues from September 1 to 13, 2021. If you applied for an open position in that time period and are not sure if your application went through, please feel free to RESUBMIT or reach out to us via social media to confirm receipt. Thank you!
If you possess core strengths or have experience in EdTech, interactive media, app development or curriculum development, we'd love to see your resume, even if we don't have a job description in your area listed below. We will also be introducing paid internship programs in development and marketing, so keep an eye on this space if that interests you.
Right now, we're growing quickly, so if you possess skills in any of these areas, we'd be happy to hear from you:
Graphic Designers (Sr. and Jr. level)
Marketing Managers and support staff with experience in EdTech, startups, and/or creative industries
Sales People with experience in EdTech
PAID Internship: Web Graphics Designer
The basics: $25hr, 25 hours/week, 24 weeks
(approx Oct 1, 2021 to March 18, 2022)
We're looking for a graphic designer to help make our platform really pop as we prepare to launch. The successful candidate will help us create a unified and pleasing look-and-feel throughout the website, consistent with brand guidelines and improving on the basic design elements currently in place.
You will understand web development principles and know how design fits in to the mix. There will also be opportunities to work on creative projects and digital marketing applications during the contract period. Strong CSS skills are required. Experience in web development projects and/or AODA are preferred.
- Assist founder/developer in cleaning up and improving the platform's overall look-and-feel
- Provide workable CSS code to help streamline updates on the site
- UX/UI testing as required
- Contribute graphics and layout designs to social media and digital marketing campaigns
Instructions and training will be provided as required. This internship will be conducted remotely. Successful candidate must be able to commit one hour a week to meet with us to review the previous week's work, establish deadlines and expectations for the following week. Additional training/mentoring sessions may be scheduled as necessary.
What we're looking for:
- Degree or significant coursework in web graphics and CSS
- Knowledge of web design best-practices
- A working knowledge of AODA compliance
- Ability to understand and follow brand guidelines regarding color balance and target audience
- Ability to adhere to content calendars and schedules
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while following instructions
- A working or educational background in UX/UI
- Practical experience designing websites for business
- Experience in self-publishing, fanfiction or other types of amateur fiction publishing is a bonus
This is a youth internship offered thanks to funding from the Canadian Government, under the Digital Skills for Youth Program. You must be under 30 years old, a post-secondary graduate and have the right to work in Canada to qualify. These are conditions of the funding program and are not negotiable.
You must also be:
- Below 30 years of age
- Post-Secondary Graduates
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Canadian Citizen, PR or granted refugee status
- Self -assess as Unemployed, Underemployed or Part-Time Worker
Note that this position also includes a stipend for coursework to provide upskilling/training certification during the course of this internship. Course attendance and completion is mandatory and will be arranged after onboarding.
This internship is funded by the Government of Canada and work terms are under the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program. DS4Y, an initiative from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), provides an opportunity for youth to gain valuable training and work experience needed for today’s digital economy.
Have what it takes to make a small company very big?
TELL US YOUR STORY